Most store-bought salad dressings are dangerous for our health- why not make your own? I do- this is the very basic one I regularly ‘throw’ together:
- Extra virgin olive oil (amount of choice)
- Fresh juice of ½ a lemon or lime
- Splash of choice: apple cider, balsamic or coconut vinegar
- Herb seasoning mix of choice (Bragg herb mix found at Kroger is great choice)
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper (optional)
It is easiest to have salad already made and just add ingredients directly to main salad dish and mix together all at once.
* This dressing is healthy since it contains healthy fat from olive oil and contains no preservatives unlike most store-bought salad dressings. The majority of salad dressings in the store use a vegetable oil for the main ingredient such as soybean oil or safflower/sunflower oil. These oils are unhealthy especially in amounts used in salad dressings. Consuming vegetable oils dangerously imbalance the omega-3 to omega-6 ratio within the body, increasing general inflammation. This increase in inflammation leads to more pain from arthritis, inflamed arteries leading to heart disease, increased risk for diabetes, and more difficulty losing weight, etc.